Pouches Ain’t Just for Marsupials; Resolutions Ain’t Just for Resolving
Finally! The holidays are over & I can share photos of the delightful little zipper pouches I made for friends & family! Pictured above are 7 of the 18 that I crafted, each measuring 7″x9″ & perfect for stowing away in purses. With the bit of extra fabric from this project, I am thinking of throwing together an easy block quilt with a purple theme. It will be a perfect February/amethyst birthstone kind of project.
And as for New Year resolutions?
One week into 2014 and for the first time ever I’m not sure what kind of wishes/dreams/goals I want to follow next. I’m nearly 29. I never pictured myself being 29 or nearly 29. My 16-year old self made lots of life plans for my 25-year old self; most of those life plans included being married, with three kids and a house & a horse. With many of the women of my family having wed & had children by age 29, I feel like I’m entering some uncharted waters. Can a woman today really have it all? Love, career, horses, kids, marriage, a little prosperity to sail her to Scandinavia, time to write & quilt & sing? I believe that I can have it all, so I’m making it my faith.
So, if I could tell my 16-year old self anything, it would be that at the unthinkable age of nearly 29 (unwed, childless, no house, no horse), I am happier than I have ever been. And life, it’s only going to get better.
And what did Gift Fox do this past year? 2013 projects included:
- Being band’s vox & keys;
- helping Down Cellar Catering;
- starting Gift Fox Quilts;
- deciding to be a teacher & then deciding not to be a teacher;
- rescuing three wild birds thanks to the Center for Wildlife
- moved to the land of three bridges & a US navy yard: Kittery, Maine
- eating better to clear up my skin (Thank you, Jane Gee!);
- riding horses again!!!
- donated my old Corolla to Kars4Kids;
- Ms. Feldman recordings to appear in an upcoming fashion short by Aussie James Demitri;
- got poems published in The Portland Review & an upcoming issue of Painted Bride Quarterly.
Upcoming Gift Fox January/February projects:
- Finish quilt for artist Erin Murray
- Co-quilting project with Mom this January (So so excited about this!)
- Finish Being band’s recordings at Sonelab studios
- Turn 29 on February 11th.